[wdmaudiodev] Re: WDM Audio Subdevice registration and unregistration

  • From: "Joseph Thomas-Kerr" <Joseph.Thomas-Kerr@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 07:38:02 +1000

[wdmaudiodev] WDM Audio Subdevice registration and unregistration
From: "Lee Laborczfalvi" <labor.lg@xxxxxxxxx>
To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 16:57:34 +1000

I am working on modifying the MSVAD sample driver (simple) running on
Windows Vista in order to allow the Wave and Topology subdevices to be
registered in response to an IOCTL sent from a user mode process. This is
to provide dynamic subdevice creation functionality.  I am also adding
functionality to unregister the devices when a second IOCTL is received.

I'm doing something similar. I am writing a driver that was originally based on MSVAD multi. I want to add a new IOCTL to do some auxilliary processing. However, I can't figure out how to inform the port class of the handler routine for my new IOCTL. As far as I can see, all IOCTLs go to its dispatch routine and I never see them in my code.

Can you fill me in on how to do this?

Regards,
Joe.