[wdmaudiodev] Re: WDM Audio Subdevice registration and unregistration

  • From: Ken Cooper <Ken.Cooper@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2008 07:52:14 -0700

Uwe,

     What is the purpose of your dynamic loading and unloading?  Also, what OS
is your target and what is your port/miniport model (WaveCyc, WavePci, WaveRT,
etc.)?  We added some support in Vista to separate out the registration of
subdevices from the publication of their device interfaces (i.e. - publicizing
them to the system), so perhaps there is another approach that may make sense
for your application.  In any case, what you are attempting can definately be
done.

Ken