[wdmaudiodev] Re: WDM Audio Subdevice registration and unregistration

  • From: Uwe Kirst <u.kirst@xxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2008 14:02:53 +0200

[wdmaudiodev] WDM Audio Subdevice registration and unregistration
From: "Lee Laborczfalvi" <labor.lg@xxxxxxxxx>
To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 16:57:34 +1000

I am working on modifying the MSVAD sample driver (simple) running on
Windows Vista in order to allow the Wave and Topology subdevices to be
registered in response to an IOCTL sent from a user mode process. This is
to provide dynamic subdevice creation functionality.  I am also adding
functionality to unregister the devices when a second IOCTL is received.

I would like to know how to do the unregistering. Is there an example in the ddk? The registering is simple, because all examples used to do it. So far I did the unregistering by unloading the driver by a user mode progam. I would like to know wether the IOCTL approach is significantly faster (64 subdevices take some time)? I also do not like the idea with my approach that there is some time between the unloading / reloading where the hardware is not controlled by any driver.
/Uwe