[wdmaudiodev] Re: Vista: multichannel playback

  • From: Mitchell Rundle <mitchr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 14:40:35 -0800

<< I only have indications of 16-24 bits, 32k-96k formats with no channel
information indicated. >>

Channel information is not indicated in the "advanced" page format selection
for speakers and HDMI endpoints.  For those, the channel count is implied by
the speaker configuration which is set in the speaker config wizard.

<< My recording devices shows only 2 channel formats too, I don't know how to
change that at the moment. >>

I just looked at the mmsys.cpl code and see that it only queries for 1 and 2
channel formats for capture.  I'll file a bug on that.  The only workaround I
can see is to constrain your dataintersection (or preferreddataformat) handlers
to only allow the highest number of channels possible for that device.  i.e. if
you have an 8-channel line-in, don't say that you can do stereo.  This is only
a partial solution, and not a very good one -- the end result is that you will
have only one 1 8-channel format listed in the cpl.

Regards,
Mitch