[wdmaudiodev] Re: Vista: multichannel playback

  • From: Mitchell Rundle <mitchr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2007 13:03:55 -0800

I'm afraid I need to retract the second paragraph of that last reply.

To make multichannel work with Line Out, just make your handlers for
_DATAINTERSECTION and _PROPOSEDATAFORMAT (if you have one) accept formats with
WAVEFORMATEXTENSIBLE:: dwChannelMask = 0.  You can set the number of channels
in the "Advanced" page of the endpoint properties in mmsys.cpl along with the
samplerate and bit-depth.

Regards,
Mitch

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no right