[wdmaudiodev] Re: Vista: multichannel playback

  • From: uwe kirst <u.kirst@xxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 22:25:23 +0100

Philip Lukidis wrote:

Hello Uwe, I have downloaded 6_channel_id.wav, and I was able to play it with
WMP on Vista RTM (32 bits).  I can confirm proper output for each channel.
However, my render pin is KSNODETYPE_SPEAKER and not KSNODETYPE_LINE_CONNECTOR.
 Is your current driver with KSNODETYPE_LINE_CONNECTOR, or KSNODETYPE_SPEAKER?
I have not tried with an 8 channel file because I have been unable to find one
so far.

I have one device with KSNODETYPE_SPEAKER and another with KSNODETYPE_LINE_CONNECTOR.
I also checked KSNODETYPE_DIGITAL_AUDIO_INTERFACE, but without any luck.

However, concerning my multichannel analog subdevice, I do not have any indications of
number of channels, while you say "on the advanced page there are more formats
available, including 6 channel and 8 channel formats".  I only have indications of
16-24 bits, 32k-96k formats with no channel information indicated.  This is strange.  My
analog record subdevice formats in the advanced tab indicates 2 channels, despite the
fact that I allow for up to 12 channels.
My recording devices shows only 2 channel formats too, I don't know how to change that at the moment.

Concerning the WMP failure, I'm not sure what to suggest,
I will ignore that, because I checked out the samplitude 8.11 demo, which runs under vista. I was able to play 8 channels out of my line connector with that. I think thats good enough for the moment.

So the next important question is howto enable mulichannel recording?
Mitch? any suggestions?

Thanks,
Uwe