[wdmaudiodev] Re: Vista: multichannel playback

  • From: uwe kirst <u.kirst@xxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2007 19:52:09 +0100

Mitchell Rundle wrote:

At what point are you getting this error message, when you create the pin?  If
so, what format are you using, specifically which variant of 5.1?

Regards,
Mitch Rundle

It seems that I must correct myself. The playback with ksstudio does not even work under XP. But anyway the problem still exists: Using the media player under XP I can play the file "6_Channel_ID.wav" (download from microsoft) without any problems.

The format is:
bits per sample = 16,
samples per frame = 6,
frames per second = 44100,
cbSize = 22

Doing the same under Vista results in a 2 channel mixdown.
Today I have created a new driver version which uses KSNODETYPE_SPEAKER instead of KSNODETYPE_LINE_CONNECTOR. With the newer Version I can play the file, but I can not assign a individual name to my device. It's now called "SPEAKER".
Do you know a way howto do both: Multichannel playback + my own device name?

Thanks,
/Uwe