[wdmaudiodev] Re: Setting KSPROPERTY_AUDIO_VOLUMELEVEL

  • From: Frank Yerrace <Frank.Yerrace@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2011 17:04:54 +0000

To emphasize Matt's point, please implement your driver's volume controls
correctly. The definition of the property values for
KSPROPERTY_AUDIO_VOLUMELEVEL is clearly defined in
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff537309(VS.85).aspx. Please don't
deviate from that.

I don't know much about your product, but a volume control that with a range of
-91dB to +3dB isn't real useful in most *typical* PC environments, and could
give the perception that much of the physical "travel" of the control has no
affect. Is there a reason you want your volume control to have such a large
range.

Frank Yerrace
Microsoft Corporation