[wdmaudiodev] Re: Setting KSPROPERTY_AUDIO_VOLUMELEVEL

  • From: Neetu Sand <neetu.freelist@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2011 14:00:27 +0530

Hi Tim,

Our driver is based on wavecyclic miniport. It exposes a speaker and  MIC.
We are seeing that on Windows 7, MIC volume has a 30dB gain with a volume
slider range -192 dB to 30 dB. Our device does not have a volume knob but we
want to change the volume slider range to -192 dB to 0 dB or at least be
able to set volume to 3dB for MIC. That way we can get rid of extra gain.
That's why I have implemented topology filter and implemented property
handler.

Thanks for your help.

cheers,
Neetu