[wdmaudiodev] Re: Setting KSPROPERTY_AUDIO_VOLUMELEVEL

  • From: Neetu Sand <neetu.freelist@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2011 09:31:02 +0530

Hi Matthew,

Yes, this is what I am trying to do - expose a volume property with a range
between -96dB to 0 dB. Do you think I should expose some other values for
the range?

When I expose property handle for volume control, I implement it with Get,
Set and BasicSupport. I get calls for all three of them - In Set I cache the
value, in get I return the cached value and in BasicSupport I return the
range that I am trying to expose.

However this results in no changes to volume i.e. slider moves but no
audible changes in the volume level. This is puzzling so please tell me what
is wrong in my implementation.

cheers,
Neetu