[wdmaudiodev] Re: Question on Virtual audio driver.

  • From: Robert Bielik <robert.bielik@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 04 May 2011 07:15:50 +0200

Sarbojit Sarkar skrev 2011-05-04 07:02:
My actual question was "which one *ac3 , pcmex or.....* I need to choose inside
MSVAD folder for my current requirement. And I did not see any thread is describing
this :(.
May be I am asking this because of less knowledge in audio driver architecture.
But it will be great if you can tell me or give some link/docs where each of
these folders are explained in details.

Yes, for below Vista you need something like the MSVAD. I'd go with the
"Simple" MSVAD, as it does allow you to create what you want (albeit with quite
some additional effort over what's available in the DDK, and unfortunately I know of no
public source for it).

Have you considered going with read-to-go alternatives, such as Virtual Audio
Cable (http://software.muzychenko.net/eng/vac.htm) ?

Regards,
/Rob