[wdmaudiodev] Re: Question on Virtual audio driver.

  • From: Tim Roberts <timr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 May 2011 10:17:27 -0700

Sarbojit Sarkar wrote:

> >>Oh yes, it has been discussed plenty in the past. I guess you need
> to improve the >>searching ;)
>
> My actual question was "which one *ac3 , pcmex or.....* I need to
> choose inside MSVAD folder for my current requirement. And I did not
> see any thread is describing this :(.

Well, we don't have any idea what your "current requirement" is.  Most
of the time, you're going to want to work with PCM.  You don't want to
pay the penalty for encoding and decoding the stream for simple data
routing.

> May be I am asking this because of less knowledge in audio driver
> architecture. But it will be great if you can tell me or give some
> link/docs where each of these folders are explained in details.

It doesn't matter.  Really, the format is just a trivial detail.  Start
with the simplest (PCM) and go back to it later if that's not adequate.