[wdmaudiodev] Re: Installing sample APO driver

  • From: Roger <roger_butler@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 17:04:35 +1000 (EST)

Thank you. That was exactly what was required. I found the right device in one
of the drop-down lists on a driver properties pane.

So, what does the Swap APO example do? I noticed that the device has changed
from the generic "Microsoft HD Audio Driver" or similar to a "CMedia with Swap
APO". But I can't find a property page that implements the PropPageExt.dll. How
is the property pane invoked? And what does the sample do?

Thanks,
Roger.

--- Leonard Shoell <lshoell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I install the sample by going to the device manager, right-clicking on the
> audio device, selecting "Update Driver" then selecting the options that
> allow you to point the directory that has the INF and DLL files.
>
> Make sure you first change the "VEN_434D&DEV_4980" in the following line in
> the INF to the audio device in your system.
>
> %HdAudioFunctionDriver.CMedia9880.DeviceDesc%=HDAudio.SysFx,HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&
> VEN_434D&DEV_4980
>
> Leonard

Take part in Total Girl?s Ultimate Slumber Party and help break a world record
http://www.totalgirl.com.au