[wdmaudiodev] Re: Installing sample APO driver

  • From: Lino!! <linoshok@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 10:41:38 -0700

Well, how about USB audio devices?

Does anybody know how can I modify Swap sample inf file in case of USB
audio?
I think that I need to change hdaudio.* to something else.

Can someone advise me what I have to change in Swap sample inf file in case
of USB audio device?

Thanks in advance.

2006/9/13, lshoell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <lshoell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Roger,

The Swap sample simply swaps the left and right channels in the LFX. It
the GFX it swaps the left and right channels and attenuates the volume.
You'll find this code is Swap.cpp.

The property page appears as a tab on the speaker properties. Go the Sound
Control Panel, click on the Playback tab and double-click on the Speakers
endpoint. If everything is installed properly, you should see your System
Effects tab.

Even if you see the property page, chances are your Swap APO is not
loaded. This is because Vista will not load an "unsigned" APO. You can
overcome this restriction by adding the following key to the registry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Audio]
"DisableProtectedAudioDG"=dword:00000001

This is documented in the "Custom Audio Effects in Windows Vista"
document. If you do not have this document, you can download it at
http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/device/audio

As for the name of the device "CMedia with Swap APO", this is what ever
you define it to be in the INF file. (This INF file is actually installing
the audio driver with the APO. It is not just attaching the APO to the
existing driver.)

Leonard