[wdmaudiodev] Re: Device neutral GFX

  • From: Frank Yerrace <Frank.Yerrace@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2010 19:37:26 +0000

Keep in mind that there is a price paid in the overall UX when going this
route. The end user sees another "device" in his UI that isn't really a device.
Rather it's another sort-of mode for some other real device. Also this piles
your processing on top of whatever processing is supplied with the real device.
You'll have no idea whether these two processing packages work well together.

When I asked what this was for, you described it as "simple IIR and FIR
filters". My question was more from the end user's point of view. What is your
product? Some EQ? Some spatial enhancement? I understand you may not want to
reveal this. I ask because it's good for us (MS) to be aware of how people are
trying to add value to the Windows audio system so we can consider it in future
changes.

Frank Yerrace
Microsoft