[wdmaudiodev] Re: Device neutral GFX

  • From: Robert Bielik <robert.bielik@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2010 10:04:49 +0100

Tim Roberts skrev:
Then theoretically the APO should be instanciated for the given
devices, no? (given of course that the APO is signed, which then of
course is a matter on its own...)

There are official white papers that describe how to work around the
signing issue for your testing.

I know, I was more refering to the problems the signing process would involve
due to
the solution not being "officially blessed" as you put it :)

Again, I'm not arguing whether this is right or wrong.  One of my
clients has been burned by this very issue.  Thanks to a length, lively,
and very much appreciated debate with the audio team, I have a better
understanding of the problem they were trying to solve, and I understand
how they came to this decision.  It is what it is.

Ok. Guess it's a fact then. But how about this solution: Create a sw only audio
device which
acts as a virtual cable, with the rendered output appearing as an input (I've
actually made one
of these before, based on MSVAD), then have a user-mode service which just
pipes the audio from
the device to the default Windows output device? Then the DSP processing would
take place in the sw only
audio device, or the service :)

/Rob