[visionrehabtherapist] TVIs as VRTs

  • From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <guidinggolden@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <visionrehabtherapist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2013 19:57:15 -0400

Hello everyone,

This is kind of on the similar lines as the last discussion on here.

I have heard rumors that possibly some agencies are hiring TVIs as VRTs.

These TVIs have not had any ADL training or any discussions of adult learning.
But they are expected to handle a standard VRT case load which is majority
Older Americans who are blind.

I am a little concerned.

I am not sure how much detail I can give regarding the situation, but as a VRT
with a masters and a TVI background I am concerned.

Shelley L. Rhodes, M.A. CVRT
and Ludden black Labrador Guide Dog.

The cure for anything is salt water -- sweat, tears, or the sea. -Isak Dinesen
(pen name of Karen Blixen), author (1885-1962)