(VICT) Re: Our Latest Adventure: Things I am Still Learning

  • From: "Karyn and Thane" <bcpaws4me@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Vi-clicker" <vi-clicker-trainers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2008 10:05:45 -0700

Hi Gisele

Thankyou so much for your kind words. They mean a lot to me. We have worked
hard these past 10 months to get here. It is an exhilarating feeling. I have
also worked hard on my confidence and willingness to go beyond what I was
doing with Met- to see what the world had to offer. Though I am paying
dearly for that trek, the memories it has left me with are priceless.
The way you handled Katie is the clicker trainer way. Most programs are
still caught up in the *pop and jerk* mentality being required to learn by.
I think it would be hard working with an instructor who believes that is how
they learn. If I were to treat Thane in that manner, he would be totally
confused and eventually I can see that he could be one that might melt down
from it. He is a softer nature dog (not quite as soft as Met). For us its
all about making the experience a positive one. Work is made fun this way.

Karyn and Thane