[uae] Re: e-uae 0.8.27 final released

  • From: Richard Drummond <evilrich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 02:10:57 -0500

Hi Jonathan

On Friday 07 January 2005 05:11 pm, Jonathan Heaney wrote:
> One thing I did notice in this release, running sysspeed in aiab gives
> far faster drive performance tests than I've ever seen.

Filesystem support is no longer multithreaded by default. This improves
performance drastically.

> I don't know if this is an oddity of my setup, but e-uae doesn't seem so
> keen on symlinks.  I've got a uae folder in my home dir that contains
> all my Amiga stuff, and some symlinks to a mounted fat32 partition where
> I keep the harddrive directories for aiab, roms, wb adf's and other
> stuff to be shared with winuae.  I can add those directories in the
> e-uae gui fine and start emulation, but after saving the config, and
> re-starting e-uae, it can't find the directories that are actually
> symlinks.  The config looks OK.
>
> This is the way I've always done it here, so maybe something has
> changed?  I've set it up now anyway to use absolute paths to the mounted
> fat32 partition.

Other than switch from using filesystem threads, nothing else has changed
filesystem-wise since RC3. Can you forward me your config file? I'll do some
testing here, and see if I can reproduce the problem.