[uae] Re: e-uae 0.8.27 final released

  • From: Giorgio Moscardi <useless@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 15:27:27 +0100

Alle 19:30, venerdì 7 gennaio 2005, Jonathan Heaney ha scritto:
> Just noticed on Richard's site...

hi there,
first of all my congratulations to richard for always improving uae!

i've played a bit with the latest release and liked it a lot: most of the
sound hiss i experienced with older releases seems gone (this might also be
releated to the kernel upgrade i had, though. now running 2.6.10), the whole
emulation seems even faster than before (lotus esprit runs like a charm, with
accurated sound emulation) and my brand new logitech gamepad works perfectly,
without any tweaking.
i still have to test if the bsdsocket emulation now works on my system. i'll
let you know if you're interested.

i am going to build slackware packages as usual, and this time, being an
official release, i will upload them on linuxpackages.net as soon as they are
ready. i would like to put an icon for euae in the package, where can i find
a suitable one? i could use winuae's icon, but i don't know how to extract it
from the executable. can anyone help? this way i'll be able to put euae in
most window managers' menus!

oh, and i also found a type in compiling.txt, right at the beginning:
Currently zlib is currently required to build E-UAE for all supported
platforms.
2 "currently" seem too many ;).

keep up the great work!
--