[uae] Re: UAE qt frontend

  • From: "daniel åkerud" <daniel.akerud@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2007 20:32:01 +0200

Tried it out now, and here are my comments so far :-)

1. When I quit (F12+Q) the emulation, the UI died screaming:
QObject::killTimers: timers cannot be stopped from another thread

2. Some buttons/labels look really wierd on my desktop. I don't know why.
I'll send a screenshot to you. Don't have anywhere to put it... and I don't
have the guts to attach screenshots on this mailinglist yet :-)

3. I really like the treeview layout style.

4. The file dialogs puts the current working directory in "My Computer".
Very windows-ish. Why? It would be cool if it sensed where the current
rom/floppy-image is put that as working directory for the file dialog.

5. I'd move the About Qt button to a menubar. Looks wierd in the middle of
the frame.

A very promising start! Keep the updates coming and I can give you more
feedback :-D

BR/D

On 7/2/07, Ivo Couckuyt <iv0co@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

1)
normally it is generated automatically, perhaps delete  Makefile and run
./bootstrap.sh again

2)
you're right, that function was introduced in qt 4.3
try deleting ui_myDialog.h , on compiling it will be generated using
ui_myDialog.ui (using the moc of your qt installation).
i guess if the ui file doesn't contain anything qt 4.3 specific a
correct ui_myDialog.h will be generated

i should have removed all system dependent files (Makefile moc files
etc), sorry