[uae] Re: Source code snapshot

  • From: Karl Dietrich Bamler <amiga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2004 17:30:53 +0200

Am Donnerstag, 9. September 2004 09:51 schrieb Richard Drummond:

> Let me know how you get on.

I found a kind of issue, its not a bug of course!

And it doesn't effect new Users who just set up a fresh installation of
Picasso96. But it effects people who already configured their
Workbench-screen resolutions and applikation-screen resolutions and now try
the latest Version of UAE.

You have added some new screenmodes, thats good, but the new ones puzzled
somehow with the old ones.

My englisch is not so well...so i try to express myself...

As i am no programmer i don't understand exactly how the screenmode
identifying works. But i remember there is an ID or somthing like that. This
ID is somehow linked to a specific resolution string.

And now, after you've added some new resolutions, the resolutions are puzzled
in relation to the IDs.

(i think so)

However, my Workbench was set to 1024x768 with an older version of UAE - it is
now set to a different resolution (actually 912x640). And IBrowse crashes
because MUI obviously doesn't get that there is surprisingly another
resolution.

So i am not shure whether you should care or not. But AFAIK WinUAE and UAE was
compatible so far. So i think you should.