[uae] Re: E-UAE on amd64 Linux

  • From: Nicholas Otley <nicholasotley@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 02:15:51 +0100

Hi Rich,

On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 19:10:43 -0500, Richard Drummond
<evilrich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Nicholas
>
> On Wednesday 30 March 2005 04:55 pm, Nicholas Otley wrote:
> > I am having trouble getting E-UAE to run on my Ubuntu amd64 machine.
> >
> > It comes up with " ./uae: error while loading shared libraries:
> > libSDL-1.2.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
> > directory" when I try to run uae.
> >
> > I have downloaded the 32bit SDL libraries from libsdl.org and copied
> > them to the same directory as e-uae, but get no joy.
>
> Hmmm. If the SDL libraries are in the same dir as uae then you will probably
> need to add that dir to your library path before running it. Do something
> like:
>
> export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/whatever/path
>
> So, for example, if I installed it in a folder called e-uae in my home
> directory I'd do:
>
> export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/evilrich/e-uae/
>
> You can also add paths to the library search path by adding them in
> the /etc/ld.so.conf file.
>
> Hope that helps. I think a better idea would be to install Ubuntu's libSDL
> package.

I forgot to mention, I've already got Ubuntu's 64bit libSDL packages
installed via APT, and every 64bit program that needs them works fine.
 It's just when I try to use e-uae i get a problem.  I thought maybe
putting the 32bit libs in the same path may help.

> Cheers,
> Rich

Cheers,
Nik