[uae] Re: E-UAE on amd64 Linux

  • From: Richard Drummond <evilrich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2005 19:50:30 -0500

Hi Nick

On Monday 04 April 2005 09:00 am, Nicholas Otley wrote:
> :-D  Some 32bit apps work fine with no problems, others such as E-UAE
> : don't. :-(

I wonder what's the key difference between those that do and those that don't.

> Running through treacle is quicker than UAE without JIT! ;-)

It shouldn't be that bad on a AMD64, surely. ;-)

> If you could, that would be great.

Working on it...

I ran into some snags with Debian's static libSDL.a - mainly it depends on too
much unnecessary junk (some of which Debian don't even ship static libs for).
I'll try doing a minimal SDL build of my own and linking against that.