[uae] Re: E-UAE on amd64 Linux

  • From: Richard Drummond <evilrich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 19:10:43 -0500

Hi Nicholas

On Wednesday 30 March 2005 04:55 pm, Nicholas Otley wrote:
> I am having trouble getting E-UAE to run on my Ubuntu amd64 machine.
>
> It comes up with " ./uae: error while loading shared libraries:
> libSDL-1.2.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
> directory" when I try to run uae.
>
> I have downloaded the 32bit SDL libraries from libsdl.org and copied
> them to the same directory as e-uae, but get no joy.

Hmmm. If the SDL libraries are in the same dir as uae then you will probably
need to add that dir to your library path before running it. Do something
like:

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/whatever/path

So, for example, if I installed it in a folder called e-uae in my home
directory I'd do:

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/evilrich/e-uae/

You can also add paths to the library search path by adding them in
the /etc/ld.so.conf file.

Hope that helps. I think a better idea would be to install Ubuntu's libSDL
package.