[triadtechtalk] Re: Windows Messanger

  • From: "Howard" <hbint@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 10:30:03 -0500

Hi Bruce and all .. let me say that as far as I'm concerned ... NO ONE 0n here (or anywhere else) is perfect and we work tremendously well as a GROUP. Armando does great work with all the help he contributes ... and with everything he does, his history is very good. That said, anyone on triadtechtalk can (and probably has) made mistakes while attempting to help others. I know I have. I'm very happy to have some one speak up if that happens and I'm sure everyone on this group agrees.

There are very few groups that have stuck together like this one has ... and I think that is due to the respect everyone has for the opinions of all those trying to help others.

I don't contribute like I once did because I have less time available now, but there are many capable and willing people on here and someone usually steps forward to help.

Thanks to all the "helpers" and the "helpees" (is that a word?)

Merry Christmas to all and all the best for the coming NEW YEAR!!

Howard

Hi Armando,

I see no need for apologies. You bring lots and lots f good help to this
list, I don't reply too often because I see people getting good help here
mostly.
What struck me as dangerous was the ' do everything the Major geeks say
blindly' part? I do a lot of spyware cleanups. It's gotten to be about 85%
of my business in the last few months? I don't follow much of any of it
blindly? If I'm looking for a specific file as in the dlcc things..I've read
as many as 7 hjt forums to find a fix.. If they all agree it's a bad guy, I
go after it..I also try to make sure I can't find a place that says it's a
good guy. If I find one that says it's a good guy and 5 that say it's a bad
guy , I keep looking. I put that one on the back burner and look in other
areas? If the system is still hosed when I think I've got them all then I go
back to see if any more can be found. With such a small amount of hits for
the dlcc crud, it was tooo iffy to just blindly go after it as bad.. plus I
didn't see the word worm any where... so I spoke up. Juanita is maybe not a
PC 'Ace' but she's no slouch either?:))) I think she'll do just fine now
that she doesn't have quite so much 'help' at home?:)) she's a pretty smart
cookie, but she worries about turning off too many things. Once she gets out
of windows 98 mode she'll be fine.. (sorry Juanita, I tends to calls 'em as
I sees 'em?:) with 512 megs of ram you should pretty easily be able to have
7-10 normal-ish programs running at once with no stalling?

If I stepped on any toes, please accept my apologies. That was truly not
intended. And hopefully I don't come off as a know-it-all. Again, you do
tremendous good work here Armando. I see tons of questions come in and time
and time again there's Armando to the rescue. Don't let that change.

In the living years... tomorrow might be too late...

Bruce