[triadtechtalk] Re: Windows Messanger

  • From: "Juanita Kimble" <jkimble@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 17:09:53 -0600

From: "Bruce Eddy" <

Hi Juanita..
A couple things.. Not trying to start an argument here but I beg to differ
with some things....

No problem. I do want to tell you my computer runs much better after I followered the steps you gave me. It boots twice as fast and I can surf somewhat faster. It isn't unstable at all. About the F2 And F12 at bootup. I suppose it has been there all the time as I turn the computer on and walk away. So that was my first time to see it.
As for the Trend Micro bar being gone in outlook express. That happened when I used Sandy's fix for messanger. Maybe PC-cillian was useing it somehow. An update from Trend Micro fixed that.

no where on any of Armando's Google links or on my own searches did I see
the word 'worm' at all for anything??

Nither did I. I had already searched for that file a few days ago. I thought since no one told anyone to get rid of it it must be fine.

The dllcc and the dlcccoms stuff is related to your printer. Most likely you
got the printer WITH the PC??>

Yes it is a DEll. Made in China. All plastic. Hee Hee but it works! My computer seems to be mostely plastic too. I would imagine they all are these days. My other one is metal and heavy. So it makes this one look cheap. The Grands wants it. But I think I will hold on to it. They found one in the garbage the other day. 20 gig. Ask for it and the lady said OK. Brought it home had it on line in five minutes. She told me she lost her password when it was new and telepak wouldn't tell her what it was. It is windows me. Does it have restore on it? Any of you know?

The DSagent could actually be uninstalled.. but that's not really
necessary

The lady that sold me the computer also told me if I delete something by mistake they can send it back to the computer. A little much for me to take in as I have not heard any of you say anything about things like that. Most probable that would be dell files.

A couple things you can try.. 1 try renaming those dlcc files to something
easy to change back.. add a 1 to the front or the back of the file then
reboot your system if your printer no longer works, then you can be pretty
positive those are good files..

I might later but I have the shingles/chicken poxs plus both of my eyes are infected. Have to use an oil base salve so eyes are too blurry to try that now. The Grand runs every time I mention computer. You can see the disgust on his face. Hee Hee. He doesn't want any part of my new computer. Guess he got enough of it in collage.

You don't absolutely HAVE to have your printer load on every boot, but
sometimes you lose some easy functionality if you shut it down.. Don't make
your PC harder to run just because things load automatically? You've got 512
megs of ram! Use it to your advantage. XP is muuuuch better at using ram
than any flavor of 9X that you're used to seeing... There's no need to shut
down anything and everything that's not absolutely essential for fear of
running out of memory..

I will take that as good advice. That is just what I was thinking. Windows 98. And the fact that I think too much on the startup makes my surfing slower. Is that true. At any rate I want be taking anything off unless someone tells me to.

You can lock up your PC so secure that's it's impossible to function or that
everything you do becomes a chore or takes extra steps? Yes you need to be
cautious and careful, but you don't have to be paranoid? Don't let the PC
own you?

In the past I did let the PC own me. Not anymore. And I don't think anyone will think you are being out of place. After all that is what the list is for.