[triadtechtalk] Win XP and its neat tricks

  • From: ChasM49@xxxxxxx
  • To: triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 01:42:46 EDT

I notice that Fred Langa has just about said the same things about Win XP and
its neat lil wpa files.... amongst a few other choice remarks that came out
last week which I didnt pass on as it would have seemd as if I were making
things up... lol.... if you want the real truth form the real people who have
been using xp do a google search and read what is really being said bythe
real people and not the parrots who write the revues that extoll all its
super greatness... win xp may be the rope that hangs MS.... true it may be
super stable etc,BUT... spyware and paying for it isnt my cup of tea and
doubt manyothers will accept that either.... but to each their own in making
that decision..... and one note.. if you do go for it and decide to make it a
dual boot on your machine... I suggest before you do so copy the boot ini
file for your win 98 or win me os.. save it to a floppy as you will
absolutely need that file to get back to your old os and stdy,study,study on
how to maneuver about in your registry as it requires a nice bit of deleteing
there to get your old os back again..... thought I had my setup safe as was
all on seperate drives... ha.. was I fooled..... sort of reminded me of how
AOL makes masive changes to files with each new version.....  there has been
many a comment to the effect of" will wait a year or so before I upgrade" and
I would give that thought some deep thinking before running out for this
latest and greatest messup soon to hit the stands..... but ..
                    as I say.. this is my thoughts on it... Chuck.. in Ok