[triadtechtalk] Re: Win XP and its neat tricks

  • From: "cabehogan" <cabehogan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 12:20:51 -0500

> > > Clarence Did you install over your IE6 Beta
or
> > uninstall then download the
> > > new version. I need to get the new version.
> > just didn't know if I should
> > > remove the Beta version first.

> > Yes Juanita, I installed it right over my Beta
> > copy, however, I might mention that someone
> > recommended that when it came out that I
uninstall
> > the Beta first or I would have more problems
that
> > I was having already, but when the final
release
> > was made and before it was even announced, I
was
> > so happy to see it that I downloaded it and
> > clicked install before I thought (or
remembered
> > the advice not to), and by the time I
remembered
> > (while I was waiting for the install to
finish),
> > it was too late as the installation was just
> > minutes of finishing, so when it automatically
> > rebooted my machine, I very quickly crossed my
> > fingers, toes, eyes and all else I could and
said
> > a short quick prayre and I guess that is all
that
> > saved me!  ; )  I guess that the site you
intend
> > to DL it from should give you some kind of
> > insturctions as to how to install it although
the
> > one I found mine on did not!

> > .......clarence.......

> > > Juanita

> > So i should go to add\remove go back to last
version then uninstall the
> beta before I DLL the completed one. I have the
directions Chuck posted for
> me. If I understand them right that is what he
recommended. I get a little
> nervous when I do something new.

That is what Chuck said as I recall, however, you
may want to check out
http://www.98lite.net/ieradicator.html and see if
that would be more to your liking as I was going
to use that if I hadn't gotten in such a hurry,
but since my over-install worked so well, I never
got to try it, so its use will be up to you since
I have no hands on knowledge as to whether or not
it works as advertized!

.......clarence.......