[triadtechtalk] Re: Win XP and its neat tricks

  • From: "cabehogan" <cabehogan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 10:31:53 -0500

> Clarence Did you install over your IE6 Beta  or
uninstall then download the
> new version. I need to get the new version. I
just didn't know if I should
> remove the Beta version first.

Yes Juanita, I installed it right over my Beta
copy, however, I might mention that someone
recommended that when it came out that I uninstall
the Beta first or I would have more problems that
I was having already, but when the final release
was made and before it was even announced, I was
so happy to see it that I downloaded it and
clicked install before I thought (or remembered
the advice not to), and by the time I remembered
(while I was waiting for the install to finish),
it was too late as the installation was just
minutes of finishing, so when it automatically
rebooted my machine, I very quickly crossed my
fingers, toes, eyes and all else I could and said
a short quick prayre and I guess that is all that
saved me!  ; )  I guess that the site you intend
to DL it from should give you some kind of
insturctions as to how to install it although the
one I found mine on did not!

.......clarence.......