[triadtechtalk] Re: Running out of stones to overturn. (Still Slow)

  • From: avbsantos@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 22:55:47 -0700 (PDT)

Well, FYI, we all knew we were a great bunch already,
but as Chuck said, growing old and bald...(oops, wrong
quote-LOL).<smug|as|a|bug|in|a|rug>

Anyway, now that it seems that you are ready to take
the plunge and reinstall, here are pointers that I
believe will help you in the process. Perhaps someone
else will add/edit to this and/or offer other tips:

Go here for an insightful article on how to reinstall:
http://www.pcworld.com/howto/article/0,aid,111652,pg,1,00.asp
One thing it points out and which I consider accurate
is that a fresh install is always better, but it has
its caveats. You can overcome those because you have a
OEM drivers CD.

This is the article at MS on the subject
Reinstall-Repair XP:
"How to Perform an In-Place Upgrade (Reinstallation) of
Windows XP"
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315341

In your case go to "Method 2: Reinstall Windows XP by
Starting Your Computer from the Windows XP CD", if that
is what you wish to try first(repair). Later you may
determine to do a fresh Installation.

Windows XP Support Center PRO
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-US;winxp

Windows XP Support Center HOME
http://www.microsoft.com/redirect.aspPageID=146&PARAM=winxps1&TARGET=/windowsxp/home/default.asp
or  http://tinyurl.com/rdru
I found Home support to be very limited, IMO.

A lot of Great XP Tips: (A Keeper)
http://www.pcworld.com/resource/browse/0,cat,1596,sortIdx,1,00.asp

Will you have access to the WWW while this box is down
for reinstallation?

As I told a friend once, the best way to learn is to
roll up your sleeves and take the plunge, right Brian?

Read , print, and get ready. (study).

Come back with any questions you may have.
We'll try to help you out.

If you wish, I'll send instructions as to
where to send a 2-way prepaid first class
fare and I'll take the time to come over
and help you out.

BTW, if you do send the ticket, I may yet learn to
LOVE XP.(LOL)

armando.

On Fri, 17 Oct 2003 19:55:31 -0700, "Richard Matthew"
wrote:

> Whew!
> Get some rest, first.
>
> This list, and you people are the best. You're so KIND
> to me!
>
> Night all........
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Richard

typed
> that in on Search, I
> > > get
> > > SFC.EXE,
> >
> > this message just came thru.. after the others...
> lol....... ok... looks
> as
> > if that sfc.exe is not registered.... ok guys... who
> remebers the command
> > set the regserv thingie.... am working on a tax
> budget protets and back
> and
> > forth between two computers so brain is flipping and
> jumping... help...
> fast.. we
> > may be on the track of fixing this........ chcuk...
> in ok
> >

> VIEW ARCHIVES @ //www.freelists.org
>
> UNSUBSCRIBE by sending email to
> triadtechtalk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with unsubscribe