[triadtechtalk] Re: Running out of stones to overturn. (Still Slow)

  • From: avbsantos@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 14:10:33 -0700 (PDT)

The links don't work...? or "the suggested tips in the
links don't work" ???

I gather it's the 2nd., correct?

When you buy a HDD nowadays, they inlude a big chart
and a floppy that tells you how to do the whole thing,
i.e., reinstalling/ghosting your HDD's content to the
new one.

Prices are dirt cheap on them, too.

Being that you bought a DHELL, were you given a OEM
Windows XP CD?

Or were you given a "Recovery" CD?

If it's one or the other, try bugging DHELL. If you cry
loud enough, they might help you out.

If not, let me know and I'll try to hold your hand ;)
while you re-install XP(LOL).

I HATE XP.

It's real easy, one way or the other. You just gotta
get DHELL to assist in the Windows XP CD issue, for a
recovery CD involves an image that is now present in
your HDD, whereas a OEM Windows XP CD you just properly
set the jumpers on the HDDs, perhaps change the BIOS so
that you can boot from the CD drive first and then you
just follow the instructions. With all the nos. &
license and registration info you should have no
problem reinstalling.

Donna (list owner)is an expert at reinstalling XP and
so is Chuck. <GRIN>. Even our friend "over-the-pond in
Australia" should be an expert at XP. (LOL here)

We''ll get you over the hump, Richard, whatever your
decision turns out to be.

On Fri, 17 Oct 2003 12:33:16 -0700, "Richard Matthew"
wrote:

> Hiya,
> I'll go thru these one, by one.

SNIP

> > http://www.scotsnewsletter.com/47.htm#linuxtips
>
> I had already tried that one.
>
>  > Here is a composite of all the suggestions to
trouble....

SNIP

http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/win2000/r1028227650

http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/win2000/r1043126455

http://www.ntfaq.com/Articles/Index.cfm?ArticleID=14503

> The Windows Annoyances links don't work....",

 wrote Richard