[triadtechtalk] Re: Outlook Express Font

  • From: avbsantos@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 06 Dec 2003 10:05:56 -0800 (PST)

Glad you got it working again, Jim. As you point out re
OE not appearing under the Add/Remove items, if you
peruse my previous instructions you'll see that I
mentioned IE. Remember that when you downloaded any of
the previuos IE upgrades, OE would intrisically be part
of the IE upgrade as well.

By choosing to remove IE, then the "repair" option
would become available. I surmise that by repairing IE,
you would also be repairing OE.

This is what I had mentioned you try doing:
You could also try repairing Internet Explorer, might
repair OE as well:
Settings>Control Panel>Add/Remove Programs>Microsoft
IE>Remove & you'll be given the "Repair" choice.
(Adjust these instructions for the repair of IE to your
WinXP - this is how it's done in Win98/SE)
-------------------------------------------<<<<<<<<

Next time you could try that.
Take care,
armando 8)

On Sat, 06 Dec 2003 10:24:05 -0600, "Jim Moss" wrote:

Thanks Armando, I followed the OE help suggestions
yesterday, no help!  XP does not list OE in the
add/remove items.  Anyway I played around with font
settings in Word, internet explorer, and where else I
could find a reference to fonts.  Nothing seemed to
help.
I was going to try and do a XP restore back to
Thursday, although I can not imagine how this would
help with this type of problem, but I tried to change
fonts again in an OE  message first.  The fonts started
working again.  I have no idea why, but am glad to not
have to pursue anything that might cause another
problem.
Thanks for your helping me.  I always find someone to
help on problems here.
Jim Moss