[triadtechtalk] Re: Clarence:alt-del file listing

  • From: "cabehogan" <cabehogan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 05:35:52 -0500

> Clarence....
>  just dawned on me.. did you say youget internet
explorer showing up when you
> use ctrl/alt/del?.. if so.. ainbt supposed to be.. or
does it say only
> explorer? which means windows explorer which is
entirely different.. .. but
> if it is IE then you have but one choice my good
fellow... start from scratch
> as your system is messed up to the max and only way
to fix it is go clean new
> install as windows explorer and internet explorer are
two different and
> sepearte porgrams and you HAVE to have windows
explorer in the systray all
> the time

This is what is running that Ctrl-Alt-Delete shows when
I start my day:

Post-It Notes, Microsoft Internet Explorer, Outlook
Express, sscanner, Explorer, Rsrcmtr, Psngive, Kbdtray,
Em_exec, Vettray, CookieWall, Itouch, Ptsnoop, Systray,
Nprotect, Vetmsg9x, Task Scheduler, IPE Real-time,
Volume, Mouse,  Cap Lock is Off

What is shown here is run at start up or reboot and all
I add to it is my browser (Microsoft Internet Explorer)
and my mailer/reader (Outlook Express) which is shown
above, as for Explorer, it is always
there, but I have never seen any Icon in my systray for
it as I have to use a shortcut to load my Explorer
screen when I want to look at a file or something in
Windows Explorer as it is the folder with the spyglass
on it Icon as I am sure you know!  And I have no idea
of what Vetmsg9x is as there is no icon in the systray
for it and besides I don't have my poodles any more and
don't write to the Vet!  ; )

So then, if I must have Explorer running all the time,
then I had better not close it as has been suggested,
right?  So now, if I understand correctly, I should
close everything BUT... MIE, OE, Explorer & systray to
start my work day, right?

I shall await your answer before I shut down everything
even though my work day has already started as I don't
want to spend the rest of the day trying to get my
computer back up and running again!

.......clarence.......

.......clarence.......

www.freelists.org/webpage/triadtechtalk