[triadtechtalk] Re: Clarence:alt-del file listing

  • From: RPRKOCVGGPED@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2001 15:36:55 -0700

From: cabehogan

> --from "cabehogan" <cabehogan@xxxxxxxxxxx>--
> --reply triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>

> ***  Triad Tech Talk
> (www.freelists.org/cgi-bin/webpage?webpage_id=triadtechtalk) ***
>

> > In a message dated 7/25/2001 5:32:49 AM Central
> Daylight Time,
> > cabehogan@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
>
> > > close everything BUT... MIE, OE, Explorer & systray
>
> > Clarence.... when you start your pc and are not on
> line...
>
> But of course I am on line 7/24 with Charter.net's
> cable modem!

You can disconnect the cable from the back temporarily.

> > if were my pc....
> > only thing you neeed and should have is explorer and
> systray....
>
> Which is exactly what I have when I Ctrl-Alt-Delete
> after start up and close
> everything but those two items

Wrong. Some programs that run upon startup do not show up in the Close
Programs box. Additionally, some programs load, cause their damage, and
close _before_ you open up that Close Programs box. By the time you have hit
Ctrl-Alt-Del, it is already too late.

David Nasset, Sr.

www.freelists.org/webpage/triadtechtalk

//www.freelists.org/cgi-bin/lsg2.cgi