[triadtechtalk] Re: Invalid page fault!

  • From: "cabehogan" <cabehogan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 05:04:18 -0500

Daylight Time,
> bint@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> > myself when I decided to
> > Fdisk, partition and format my hard drive and then
set up a dual boot, so I
> > have been installing 2 versions of
> > windows along with all the other programs etc. that
I have been installing
> > one at a time and using them for

> thank you for the support Howard.... myself,I am
using a triboot..
> winme,win2k and now winxp rc1.... and with every
system I made sure there
> were no other porgrams runing except systray and
expoler,except when
> needed... for instance.. why do you need to be
running an antivirus
> constantly when you are not on lineand you have
already determind the files
> you downloaded and checked when unzipping them are
clean?... or why is MStask
> running set up to accomplish tasks every day, but
most times you arent even
> using the pc at the imes its scheduled and its
powered of?... and if yu are
> using the pc whem ms taks comes on at its scheduled
time you immeadiatley
> stop it 'cause you are busy doing something else and
it is an
> interference.... or cache and memory managers which
have been written for the
> intent and purpose of manageing data transfers of
sreadhseets etc but you are
> looking at jpgs, or reading pdf files or text
files?.. no data management is
> going on? what consumer user actually uses and needs
any of those programs on
> their pc in the first place?al of those prgrams have
to be bought and paid
> for....

All excellent observations/questions and should give
everyone plenty of
food for thought IMHO Chuck!  Which reminds me of how I
bought my first
PC to work with, but have since turned it into a
plaything instead of a tool
to work with and I am the kid that can tear up a
wrecking ball with a rubber
hammer, so a toy doesn't stand a chance with me!  ; )

> and if you compare the pc to fishing..... seems to me
its about the
> same game... lol..... more prgrams then the bigger
the pc... as in fishing..
> more lures the better the fishing... and I do both...
have 4 takcle boxes of
> every bellesd lure made.. but aint caught no more
fish than the rest of the
> crowd for any given day... but boy does it sure look
good when I open my
> tackle boxes.. sure is impressive...

Now Chuck, I can truly relate to this bit as I have
done the exact same thing
and had enough fishing rods, reels, poles, tackle,
etc., for a small army to
use and if I had spent the time using just one outfit
and two or three plugs as
I did changing from one rig to another, I would have
been able to supply a
fish market year round!  ; )

> same with all the icons on the desktop
> as a newbie stares in awe at the 150 icons on
screen..... wow... sure is
> impressive.. memory glut to slow down the pc....

Yup, I sure do love them purtty icons even though I
have cut them down to
only 20 since I have been cleaning up and will
eventually get them down to
about 3-5!  ; )

> and Clarence we are both of
> an age to know the good old days of the
automobile.... what did we do to make
> it better and faster?.. strip it down.. get rid of
the junk.. and then we
> sure could impress the heck out of the guys by how
fast it was.... same
> principle.... btw... still doing that.. got me a 1964
ford pickup and am back
> at the old mans hot rod days.. same as am doing with
my pc.. am overclocking
> my p3 900 to 1.3 ghz and it is stable in all 3
operating systems..and I have
> a Celeron 500 running at 713... but had to learn...
need to clean it up for
> it to work........ Chuck.... in OK

Yup, had my beloved 40 Ford that would outrun any
police car around, not that
I was ever in trouble with the police!  ; )

.......clarence.......

www.freelists.org/webpage/triadtechtalk

//www.freelists.org/cgi-bin/lsg2.cgi