[torontocbm] Re: 1581

  • From: James Alexander <james.m.alexander@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: torontocbm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2015 22:18:00 -0400

Hi again,

On a side note when I got mine from Joe a few years ago (1581) only certain drive mechs would work reliably. Luckily I got my hands on several and with some trial & error experimentation I was able to get 1 working. Unfortunately I don't remember which models work off hand but most search engines should be able to find the info or could see if the info is still up on Joes site.

ttyl
James

On 07/04/2015 1:47 PM, Miraglia, Walter wrote:

Doesn’t Joe sell a Make your own version of this for significantly less? Includes the case, powersupply etc, all you have to do is supply any standard 3.5” drive… his kit is only $45.00 J

http://www.jppbm.com/1581kits.html J

On 2015-04-07 4:54 AM, Casca Longinus (Redacted sender casca2525@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:casca2525@xxxxxxxxx> for DMARC) wrote:

bought a 1581 from him, worked great.

Regards