[torontocbm] Re: 1581

  • From: Frank Michielli <bigmanfrank@xxxxxxx>
  • To: torontocbm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 07 Apr 2015 17:42:47 +0000 (UTC)

Bought both of mine recently. One thru Burt and one on eBay. Paid 200$.

Sent from Outlook

On Tue, Apr 7, 2015 at 10:28 AM -0700, "Ernie Chorny" <chorny@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hey Everyone -

What's the going price for a 1581 these days?

Ernie

On 2015-04-07 4:54 AM, Casca Longinus (Redacted sender
casca2525@xxxxxxxxx for DMARC) wrote:

bought a 1581 from him,
worked great.

Regards

Mike

VPCC

From: Ernie
Chorny <chorny@xxxxxxxx>

On 2015-04-01 10:17 AM, Jeff Bourdeau wrote:

> There is, if you have a professional lab scope, etc
as the mechs are

> of course more complicated...there are additional
sensors & wiring in

> them that needs review too, unlike something like the
1541.

> Perhaps Ernie will see this, recall & have an
email? - there was a guy

> in St. Catharines reselling 1581s awhile ago on eBay
after he restored

> them in that fashion...perhaps arrangments could be
made...?

<bigmanfrank@xxxxxxxxxx>

>> wrote:

>>> Just picked up another 1581

>>> It can format and read new disks

>>> However it can't read other disks

>>> I assume it needs a head clean or alignment.

>>> Any have that has the ability to do can could
possibly bring to there

>>> next

>>> meeting.?