[torontocbm] Re: 1581

  • From: Leif Bloomquist <leif@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "torontocbm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <torontocbm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2015 14:07:43 -0400

Re cbmcommand, how do you get the d81 to the C64?

On Wed, Apr 1, 2015 at 2:03 PM, Frank Michielli <bigmanfrank@xxxxxxx> wrote:

I have tried cbmcommand. Takes over an hour. 45 min with a super snap shot
installed.

Sent from Outlook

On Wed, Apr 1, 2015 at 10:57 AM -0700, "Leif Bloomquist"
<leif@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

External USB floppy drives don't work for this apparently. I tried it
briefly with no success, maybe there's a trick?

I'm still looking for a reasonable way to transfer .d81s to a 1581 DD
disk myself. I used to use "1581Disk"
(http://csdb.dk/release/?id=40120) but it only works on internal
floppy drives.

It is possible to use a 1581 with a ZoomFloppy, but it takes a loooong
time to transfer (like half an hour). Works in a pinch though.

-Leif

--
Leif Bloomquist | leif@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx | +1 416-737-2328 | Check out
my blog! http://www.jammingsignal.com

"Every choice, no matter how small, begins a new story." - xkcd

On Wed, Apr 1, 2015 at 1:49 PM, Frank Michielli wrote:
Just picked up another 1581
It can format and read new disks
However it can't read other disks
I assume it needs a head clean or alignment.
Any have that has the ability to do can could possibly bring to there
next
meeting.?

Or is it possible to purchase From somewhere

Also

Is it possible to format a disk using a external usb floppy disk drives
inside of vice? Or better just getting zoomfloppy?

Would appreciate the input. Thanks.

Sent from Outlook