[tn-moths] Re: Concerning moth documentation...

  • From: Avian Pursuits Nature Tours <naturetours@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tn-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2010 16:18:29 -0700 (PDT)

I agree we don't need any 'rules'. I just mentioned that to describe the page I
was trying to think of...like a FAQ page. I agree that things are going well
with this list. My suggestion is for something on the FAQ or "How To" page to
have info about how to submit records for moths, both First Of Year and county
records. Best to have a simple checklist of information that should be included
with each record. Think of what someone signing on for the first time would
want to know about the list and what to do with his/her moth records.
Sound right?

....wondering what the next TN-xxxxx listserve will be.....TN-Bugs?

David Trently Avian Pursuits Nature Tours
...come see the real world!
Knoxville, TN
http://avianpursuits.com/

________________________________
 Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2010 06:56:06 -0700
From: naturetours@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [tn-moths] Concerning moth documentation...
To: tn-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

After reading J. N. Howard's note asking about requirements for documentation,
I went to the TN-Moths site on the FreeLists website to look to see if there
was information about the 'rules' for this listserve, and/or information about
documenting moths. I didn't find anything. Some lists (not sure if this
includes those on FreeLists) have a place where this kind of information can be
placed. I think I recall it for TN-Butterflies...but I wasn't able to find that
either.
Is there such a page for TN-Moths? If not, it looks like the list administrator
can set up a web page for the list. It could include information about how to
document sightings (even though this list is not just about documentation)

Am I just not finding this info?
 David Trently
Avian Pursuits Nature Tours
...come see the real world!