[tn-moths] Re: Concerning moth documentation...

  • From: "Jean Obrist" <innisfreehorses@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tn-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2010 21:21:28 -0400

Simply remain our fearless leader.....  trying to organize a motley assortment
of moth folks.
Jean obrist
  Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2010 16:18:29 -0700
  From: naturetours@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  To: tn-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

  I agree we don't need any 'rules'. I just mentioned that to describe the page
I was trying to think of...like a FAQ page. I agree that things are going well
with this list. My suggestion is for something on the FAQ or "How To" page to
have info about how to submit records for moths, both First Of Year and county
records. Best to have a simple checklist of information that should be included
with each record. Think of what someone signing on for the first time would
want to know about the list and what to do with his/her moth records.
  Sound right?

  ....wondering what the next TN-xxxxx listserve will be.....TN-Bugs?

  David Trently
  Avian Pursuits Nature Tours
  ...come see the real world!
  Knoxville, TN
  http://avianpursuits.com/

  Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2010 06:56:06 -0700
  From: naturetours@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Subject: [tn-moths] Concerning moth documentation...
  To: tn-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

  After reading J. N. Howard's note asking about requirements for
documentation, I went to the TN-Moths site on the FreeLists website to look to
see if there was information about the 'rules' for this listserve, and/or
information about documenting moths. I didn't find anything. Some lists (not
sure if this includes those on FreeLists) have a place where this kind of
information can be placed. I think I recall it for TN-Butterflies...but I
wasn't able to find that either.
  Is there such a page for TN-Moths? If not, it looks like the list
administrator can set up a web page for the list. It could include information
about how to document sightings (even though this list is not just about
documentation)

  Am I just not finding this info?

  David Trently
  Avian Pursuits Nature Tours
  ...come see the real world!
  Knoxville, TN
  http://avianpursuits.com/

inbox. See how.

  The New Busy is not the too busy. Combine all your e-mail accounts with
Hotmail. Get busy.