[tn-moths] Re: get-together

  • From: "J.N. & Ella Howard" <birders3@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tn-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2010 08:32:13 -0500

Jean,
     I have a couple of questions that I thought you might well answer as I
attempt to participate in the moth and butterfly groups.  Just on my own I
have enjoyed both of these creatures along with birds and wildflowers for
several years.  One main question is, "Does the group need photographs to
authenticate seeing certain moths in the various counties?"  It may be that
there are not many reporters in Marion County.  This morning I got some good
photos of some important moths from overnight porch light and could send
them on, but would like to know the proper reporting procedure other than
just saying I saw them.  I have sent a couple of previous questions to you,
but did not find a response and wonder if some e-mail to me may go astray or
something.  I do not want to trouble you becasue it is obvious  you are a
busy person, but I had appreciated your notes early that helped me get on
the lists so I can enjoy the reports from others.  I will appreciate hearing
from you and wish you all the best in these exciting pursuits.

J. N. Howard,

            Fiery
Gizzard Cove

Marion County