[TN-Bird] Re: north american bird mortality

  • From: "Mcdonald, Kenneth" <kenneth_mcdonald@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <davidbcoeauthor@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2014 16:31:51 -0500

The important thing to remember is that take of one bird is a violation of
the law. The Service prosecutes unlawful take of migratory birds, eagles,
and threatened and endangered species irrespective of the scale on which
the take occurred. A good analogy is theft: whether you steal a candy bar
or a car, theft on any scale is against the law. When "take" of a bird
occurs it is a theft from all Americans. Whether that theft is one bird or
a thousand, it's a theft from 300 million Americans who've deemed birds
worthy of protection under the law.

Ken

--

*Kenneth W. McDonaldEnergy BiologistU.S. Fish and Wildlife Service446 Neal
StreetCookeville, TN 38501Office: 931.525.4990Fax:

Energy and persistence will conquer all things

-  Benjamin Franklin