[tn-bird] Re: Hummers and Pishing

  • From: "TH Cumbie" <thcumbie@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 12:21:18 -0400

Banders and Pishers,

Here is your chance to speak up for this whole process.  I have banded and
certainly pish.. I am considerate and conservative as are most  birders and
banders whom I have observed in the field when this is done. To me the
benefits are far greater than any possible damages.

I have heard a few speak against pishing.. and one or two against banding.
As a whole it is helpful to know and keep records of all the birds we can
locate, in my opinion.

Tess Cumbie
Buladean