[TN-Bird] Re: Golden Eagle project update

  • From: birder1 <birder1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ssomershoe@xxxxxxxxx, "tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2015 16:38:34 -0600

Yeah, everybody moves to CO and misses the exciting TN birding scene.....lol.
It has its moments for sure, but I'm sure the Front Range or Pawnee can get
your mind off of it! Thanks for the Golden update. Wish one of the Pace birds
would come close enough for a decent shot.....

Later,

MT

<ssomershoe@xxxxxxxxx> </div><div>Date:01/23/2015  4:12 PM  (GMT-06:00)
[TN-Bird] Golden Eagle project update </div><div>
I've updated the pages for the 5 goldens we are tracking.
http://www.tnwatchablewildlife.org/GoldenEagles.cfm

In the last couple weeks, we've had TWO different goldens over Davidson Co.
(one is a bird with an Alabama transmitter that also flew almost over my office
after leaving Warner Parks!). That's 3 different tracked goldens in Davidson Co
since last winter.  And no one sees goldens in Davidson Co.!  One of our birds
flew over downtown Murfreesboro, Rutherford Co the other day too.

Sand Rock wandered all over middle Tennessee from Franklin Co. (into NW AL), to
LBL and near Pace Point (but on the east side of the river and is not one that
Mike Todd and others have seen), then over Franklin and Murfreesboro, to Center
Hill Lake, and then went south along the Sequatchie Valley. That was done in
the last 3 weeks!

I'll try to get one more update posted on our Golden Eagles in a few weeks
before I move to Colorado to start a new job with the US Fish and Wildlife
Service.  I'm going to miss Tennessee and all the great folks (and birds!).

Cheers,
Scott Somershoe