[THIN] Re: terminal servers vs. VMWare ACE

  • From: Durf <stygmata@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 22:43:46 -0500

Yeah, I get that impression looking at it again.

Even so, though, with the gobs of memory available on the average
off-the-shelf PC, the user metrics are still pretty compelling.  One
of the points of comparision would be whether an average, off-the
shelf PC performs well with VMWare ACE packages vs. a thin client.

1/2 of a client PC's resources stacks up fairly well in raw numbers
against 1/30 of an average DL380, given enough RAM and a certain level
of un-fscked-upness of the PC.