[THIN] Re: cannot get mcafee installed!!

  • From: "Rick Mack" <ulrich.mack@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2007 07:50:56 +1000

Hi Jon,

The local admin account, and the system default account can actually pick up
a dpomain admins folder redirection. This goes for loopback policy folder
redirection as well under some circumstances. Then there's the regional
locale setting where you tick apply to default user and I'm half certain the
shadow key can be a culprit here.

As Jeremy advised, the installer error you're seeing is almost always due to
the user's personal folder being redirected to a network drive.

As to how to fix it, check under
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell
Folders, which sets the user folder redirection template, and also under
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders, which
is the operational redirection. Check the personal value in particular.
Change the value under User Shell
Folders back to %userprofile%\My Documents and the value under Shell Folders
back to c:\documents and settings\administrator\My Documents (match to other
entries).

regards,

Rick

--