[THIN] Re: cannot get mcafee installed!!

  • From: "Jon Luchette" <jon.e.luchette@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2007 15:39:50 -0500

OK. I finally got it...  I found that McAfee was trying to install files to
the home drive (H:) under the common files directory.  Then I went through
the registry looking for references to that exact location and found
that in:  *HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\* there is a key
called *CommonFilesDir* that was pointing to H:\Program Files\Common Files
which is the home drive for all users here.  All I did was change it to
C:\Program Files\Common Files and the install went through without issue.

Just curious but, where SHOULD this key be pointing to?  I am going to leave
it pointing to the C: drive unless there is a good reason to have it
pointing to the Home Drive???

Thanks Rick and Jeremy!