[THIN] Re: attention active directory design gurus..again

  • From: "Ron Oglesby" <roglesby@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 13:58:37 -0500

Inline.

Ron Oglesby
Senior Technical Architect

RapidApp
Office 312.372.7188
Mobile 815.325.7618
email roglesby@xxxxxxxxxxxx

-----Original Message-----
From: Joe Shonk [mailto:joe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, September 16, 2003 11:43 AM
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [THIN] Re: attention active directory design gurus..again

Comment's inline.

-----Original Message-----
From: thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf
Of Brian Lilley
Sent: Tuesday, September 16, 2003 8:34 AM
To: 'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'

Thanks for your response Big Ron...further question for you...

Firstly, yes we have a one way trust between the two forests, i.e. our
new
shiney forest trusts the existing forest via an NTLM job apparently as
Kerberos needs two way transitive or some such..

Just to be sure that I understand what you are saying...If I am applying
GPO to an OU which holds the farm servers, both the computer and user
policy
settings will apply to the users coming in from the other forest?

->Yes, just be sure to set the GPO setting for loopback processing
[Ron] xactly. I would not only do loopback I would also run it at
REPLACE

I was wondering what security context the forest users will pop up into
the
server farm as.  The plan is that we would not have any users configured
in
our farm.  Would they be 'domain users'? I think this was the case with
NT4... or would they popup under the 'Everyone' group?

->They will should up under the trusted domain name.  You will be able
reference the individual users/groups for that trusted domain.
[Ron] Joe is the man.

thanks for your help once again...