[THIN] attention active directory design gurus..again

  • From: Brian Lilley <Brian.Lilley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 14:57:04 +0100

What I know about AD design could be written on the back of a stamp...so
brace yourselves..

I am building a Citrix farm which will exist in its very own autonomous AD
forest which will be bolted next to a customers existing forest....don't
ask...its a long story..

The result is, that the users for this farm will come from a totally
seperate AD forest.

What would be the best AD design for this particular configuration...my
thoughts are :-

an overall OU called FARM1,
within the FARM1 OU, are additional OU's 1 for domain controllers, 1 for
Nfuse servers and 1 for the farm XPE servers

My questions are these

1. when the users enter the farm from an external forest, what group would
they come under? i.e.  where would I apply the AD GPO in order to restrict
them... I'm guessing that the GPO being applied to the XPe servers would
restrict these users??

2. what sort of GPO would I apply to the domain controllers?

3. what sort of GPO would I apply to the nfuse servers?

I think I'd better read the AD book again...boohoohoo

Brian Lilley
Systems Integration

m +44 (0)7929 002501
t   +44 (0)1249 665421
e  brian.lilley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The information contained in this e-mail message is intended
only for the individuals named above.  If you are not the
intended recipient, you should be aware that any
dissemination, distribution, forwarding or other duplication
of this communication is strictly prohibited.  The views
expressed in this e-mail are those of the individual author
and not necessarily those of Vivista Limited.
Prior to taking any action based upon this e-mail message
you should seek appropriate confirmation of its authenticity.
If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately
notify the sender by using the e-mail reply facility.

This message has been checked for all known viruses on behalf of Vivista by
MessageLabs.

http://www.messagelabs.com or Email: mailsweeper.info@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Vivista formerly Securicor Information Systems for further information
http://www.vivista.co.uk